Thursday, July 23, 2009

Coco Avant Chanel

I have been anxiously awaiting the American distribution of this film for what feels like forever, and finally it appears the time has come. I adore Coco Chanel, would say she is my ultimate style icon, and think there is no one better suited to portray her than the lovely, ethereal Audrey Tautou.




In my opinion, the only way to see a film like this is with a good girlfriend after dinner at a charming French bistro (my favorites are La Poubelle and The Little Next Door, both in Los Angeles) and a few French 75 cocktails (not too many though...you do have to stay coherent enough to read the subtitles :)).

1 comment:

Hiwalks said...

The other way to see it is to byow to the theater like my college boyfriend and I did in Paris. I advise to drink with caution as I passed out halfway through the film. Then again, the film was "Enemy at the Gates."