Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It's Been That Kind of Week...



I am having a pretty bad week, with family illness, a sinus infection, computer problems and a few other issues i I can't really recall right now, nor do I really want to. Still, when I happened across this picture in the latest Pottery Barn catalogue, it made me happy. So happy, in fact, that I cut it out and taped it above my desk so I could keep looking at it. I adore Halloween in a way that cannot really be put into words. I just can't articulate it verbally. I walk into Michael's or Target and at the first sight of a plug in pumpkin or haunted house candleholder, I often squeal. Audibly. August 1st used to be my official start to the Halloween season. Yes, I said August. Now, my older and more mature (and let's face it, less tacky and more design conscious) self has reset the official start of the season to September 1st. And start is most certainly has....

I'm having visions of haunted houses, corn mazes, spiced apple cider, scary movies on crisp autumn nights, a nighttime stroll through a deserted Greystone Mansion and a headless Marie Antoinette costume that I am determined to pull off this year....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are adorable!! I am so excited for Halloween too! We have LOTS to do this year! :)

-J

Brooke, Adam and Olivia said...

I love this picture too. I am meant for fall. I can't wait until my fall decorations will be meaningful for my kid(s). Right now, I can only amuse myself with Olivia dressed as a ladybug!