Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Penélope Perfection and Girl Crushes...



I was absolutely thrilled to hear that one of my ultimate girl-crushes, Penélope Cruz, was on the cover of the November Vanity Fair. To me, she is simply one of the most gorgeous creatures on earth. And yes, I did say girl crush. I think I used that phrase once before in regards to the lovely Marion Cotillard and someone told me they had never heard of such a thing.

Well, according to Urban Dictionary, the definition of a "Girl Crush" is: "Feelings of admiration and adoration which a girl has for another girl, without wanting to shag said girl. A non-sexual attraction, usually based on veneration at some level." So, after looking up "veneration" on dictionary.com and learning that it basically means respected, I am thinking that pretty much sums it up. No, people, I do not want to "shag" (love that word!) Penélope. Although, if I were to swing that way she would most certainly be my poster girl.

In case you're interested, other actress "Girl Crushes" of mine include Marion Cotillard (as stated previously), Emily Blunt, Cate Blanchett, Audrey Tautou, Meryl Streep, Frances McDormand and my ultimate girl crush, (more like girl obsession) Kate Winslet. Le sigh....adore her.

As you can see, I primarily like my female actresses French or British, with a definite predilection for drama as opposed to comedy. Forget TV stars. Sorry. Film is definitely more my thing....

*Photo from the November Vanity Fair.*

6 comments:

Hiwalks said...

Girl Crush is, I think, a widely used term, esp in the internet lexicon. Who the freak hasn't heard of it? I'm taking names.

Stephanie said...

Um, a few people actually. Can't name names, at least not on here. I thought it would be best to just clear the air and define it, lest I have anyone thinking I'm outing myself as a bisexual or something.

Adie said...

Hey Steph,

Love the blog. You are so witty! Not sure if you have ever seen www.jolieinyc.com, but you might enjoy her blog. Her writing style reminds me of your's a bit. And she loves France! -Adie

Stephanie said...

Thanks, Adie! So happy people are reading it. I'll definitely check out that blog!

Hiwalks said...

Yeah I wasn't serious about naming people. Pene signed the Polanski list which for me puts her squarely in the uncrushable category.

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous......and I would totally "shag" her :-)