Friday, October 2, 2009

When In London...The 40 Winks Hotel


I think I'm having a green moment.

And while green is definitely not reviled like blue is in my mind, it certainly isn't my go-to color, by any stretch. I blame the unfortunate hunter green and burgundy decorating onslaught that ruled in the middle of the last decade. Green just seems very...done. And dated. It was years before I could even use red again, one of my favorite colors, and when I did end up painting a wall red, I stood anxiously at the paint counter, barking adjectives like, "red bricks just after a rainstorm, MAC lipstick's Russian Red, 1920's Chinoiserie and you know, the exact color in Ozzy Osbourne's house." The paint guy just gave me a bit of a side eye and shook his head. "Just please don't make it burgundy," I sighed.

After I got it up on the wall, I stood, head cocked to the side, and asked my husband, "Does it look burgundy to you?" He, only half listening as usual, glanced up and shrugged. I asked again, this time with my voice shaking and squeaking like someone about to have a panic attack. "DOES it look...BURGUNDY... to you?" He finally got it, head snapping up, alarmed, and said, "NO, no...it...NO. NO. NO...no." Thank god, right?

So here are a few pictures of the David Carter designed 40 Winks Hotel in London. Since I was not crazy about our hotel the last time we were there, this is definitely on my shortlist of options when I venture back there.



I love how the green on the walls is so dark it appears almost black from certain angles. But it definitely has the depth of a color that is not black.



Nope, definitely not green, but a few black and white stripes on a Friday afternoon has never hurt anyone.




All images come from pointclickhome.com.

3 comments:

Hiwalks said...

You're Jello. You're totally green Jello.

Stephanie said...

"These are like smart bombs, you point them in the right direction and shit gets real." Totally unrelated to the post at hand, but I had to put it up here anyways. Come to think of it, JB definitely had a repeatable line here and there.

Anonymous said...

I think the images above just MAY be my dream home-seriously! I can't stop looking at each pic over and over.......love it Steph!

-Jami