Monday, August 31, 2009

Sugar and Spice...



This is one of the loveliest, most creative ways I have ever seen soon-to-be parents reveal their new baby's name...I cannot stop watching it. Oh, and I love Everly Veda...so charming and original and I adore the nicknames Evie or Ever.

I've never been a big fan of revealing baby names before the little one's grand entrance for two reasons. The first is, well, it's a bit anti-climactic when you know the gender and the name beforehand. The other, and clearly more relevant reason, is that people tend to have strong opinions regarding baby names and often feel the need to share them freely and openly with the parents.

Who am I kidding? I'm probably the worst with the internal monologues concerning other people's baby name choices, I just don't verbalize my musings. I have had a thing for names since I was a kid and even recently found my diary from when I was eight that had my future childrens names proudly penned in glittery red ink (Girls: Alyssa, Brittany and Hannah/ Boys: Isaiah and Logan, which I no doubt snagged from Mary Anne's boyfriend in "The Babysitters Club") Um, no. And what planet was I on that I thought I would have FIVE children???? Oh, the naivety of the young...

Video from Cup of Jo via here...

4 comments:

Brooke, Adam and Olivia said...

Very cute! So Olivia's arrival was anti-climatic?!? I'm going to keep the name a secret next time!

Hiwalks said...

You should look at The Baby Name Wizard by Laura Wattenberg. My sister has it here in my guest room. I'm putting Theda and Fleta in my pocket. HANDS OFF!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this video!! And I love that name!! Veda! I have loved it for years!!!

-J

Anonymous said...

You are the Claudia to my Stacy ;)

-H