Friday, August 21, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things...



Here are a few pictures of my current space, a rental in Los Angeles that we've lived in for 4 years. I am itching to redecorate. Like, dying. But I know I can't. Hopefully we'll be able to buy a home at some point in the near future and then, watch out. The thought of being able to knock down a wall if I so desire sends chills of excitement down my spine.



I love Old Hollywood and collect photos and many, many coffee table books pertaining to the subject....



The earth tone theme kind of evolved from my love of fall and Halloween. Five years later though, I'm completely over it. In my next house, I'll lose the brown and orange and mix my signature black and white with more jewel tones. Oh, and the bathroom above is mine and mine alone. Number 1 key to a happy marriage? Separate bathrooms. And closets. My husband likes to create a homemade slip and slide on his floor every time he showers. People think I'm joking when I say that if and when I can design a bathroom for him, it will be floor to ceiling tile with a drain on the floor so I can just hose it down daily. Kidding? I think not.



My beloved matchbook collection serves as a physical record of where we've been and is among my most prized possessions.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this mamma!! Great pics and I was cracking up about Andy's bathroom-there is a very different "feel" in his :) ...Jami

Brooke, Adam and Olivia said...

Okay - your apartment is TOTALLY different from what it looked like when I was there. Seems as if you already did some major redecorating!